So you won't believe what the really clever locksmiths did yesterday. Firtsly our buzzers have been broken so we can't let anyone in. Secondly the lock only works from the outside so if you're inside you have to stick your hand through and unlock it back to front as such. Hence Kerry and I have been calling and complaining. So finally they come to fix it (I actually saw them, they told me the box had fused or something and they did some stuff but still didn't fix the buzzer). Then yesterday I get home and the gate isn;t closed as they're fixing the lock so I go in until I want to go climbing at 6. Only to find that, wait for it, they've changed the lock, and not given anyone a key (and put up some signs INSIDE the block saying new keys need to be cut and the caretaker has a spare). Naturally the care taker is not around (how would you have got hold of him from outside when there's no buzzer to his room, I wondered?). So next I try the car gate. Recently kerry's battery died and she took my remote, hence I was left with the one that didn't work. So I switch the car gate to manual and walk around to my car outside (lucky I knew how to do that else how would I even get outside?!). So I call the after hours number (which is also inside the block of flats) and get hold of a guy, who while being somewhat sympathetic effectively told me to climb over the fence. He can't help. He needs to phone the body corporate and they're closed (well, duh, thats why I'm calling the after hours number). So I decide there's nothing more I can do and leave.
Get home, stick my arm through the car gate, manage to change it to manual again so I can walk inside. See kerry's left spare keys for her car while she's away so manage to get the working remote so I can get out this morning. I wonder how all the other people in the flat (seeing as most people do not have remotes) got inside. Chat to a neighbour. Someone (maybe the caretaker came back?) opened the gate and put masking tape around it so it couldn't lock. Lets hope no one took that off when they got home else there would've been a lot of people climbing the fence to go to work!
Can you believe it!?!!?!
Another "Can you believe it" thing I saw last night was that someone had parked in front of the gate (clearly not realising it was the gate to the complex) two blocks down the road and no one could drive in or out. I first saw it about 5:30 and it was still there at 8. Man they must've felt like an idiot when they got back to their car! And can you imagine living in the block, having to call whoever you were seeing that night to tell them you couldn't make it- someone had parked in front of your gate and you couldn't get your car out?!?! *tsk tsk*
No comments:
Post a Comment