Tuesday, 06 November 2007

New job!

Well here I am, at my new work, second day in...did I mention I stayed late my first day? I hope they don’t think I’ll be doing that often.

It’s open plan here- that means I get to hear the girl opposite me on the phone, as if I was sitting next to her, makes it a little difficult to concentrate- I’m sure I will soon know all there is to know about her projects. Apparently they’ll be taking down the dividers soon when they get new furniture- I assume that means I will hear even more peoples conversations! I need to load itunes on my computer to block out the noise!

Needed a colour scan today- had to go up to the 5th floor to get someone else to do it! By the time I got back to my desk I’d spent as long, if not longer asking someone else to do it than if I’d actually done it myself! Apparently I’m going to have to get this done for locality maps etc (making maps is my favourite part of the job!). *sigh* seems I’ll be too busy to do that kinda stuff now.

There are some benefits to working here though- notably the free bar on Friday evenings! Also the canteen with cheap food (apparently its not bad!). The people are pretty cool too but far too busy! Also can go shopping on Long St at lunch time like I did today- hopefully I’ll be finding lots of nice clothes to spend my money on!
One of the things I’m struggling with is working with Microsoft Office 2007, which is completely different to what I had before (2000 I think). A mission to figure out how to do simple things (like where is the spellcheck?!). Hopefullly the advantages start showing themselves soon.

Another grump, slow internet! Ugh but it sucks! And I seem to be permanently hungry here! I do of course get my own laptop....sweet! Going to take it home this weekend and download all sorts of shit on it! Yeah!

I've also noticed people work at home quite a bit- the one girl I work with didn't come in until 2 pm today so that she could do some report writing without work distractions(good excuse!). Anyway, will have to put up some new pics soon- things are obviously very out of date on my blog!

No comments: