Now why can't they make the driver's license renewal as simple?!
Saturday, 18 December 2010
Vehicle License
I realised this morning my car license expired on 31 January 2011. Interesting, because my drivers licence expires 21 January 2010. Even more interesting because I am going to Europe for a month and get back on 24 January. That's a lot of admin for the last week of January. And I say the last week of January because this morning when I went to TWO traffic centres to renew my driver's licence I was turned away- the first wasn't even open, despite it being within the opening hours advertised on the door, and the second apparently only renews drivers licences from Monday to Friday. Nice of them to not advertise that anywhere! The one thing I did find out today is that you can pay your vehicle license online. This is quite exciting! No more queues! First you complete a really simple form at the City of Cape Town's vehicle licensing website . Then two days later they email you their bank details and your reference number (I'm not sure why this takes them two days to be honest, as they have already sent me a 'unique' number, why I can't pay with that I don't know). Then it arrives in the post, hey presto!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment