




A while ago (October) Emily finally decided to put her birthday plans in action (her birthday was in April) and we were to prepare for a horse ride in Constantia. Em loves horses so it was no surprise that her birthday party of choice involved horses. I was pretty keen to get on a horse- I think the last time I did may have been a church fete 10 years ago, and I was feeling a little braver. Luckily for us the weather was a perfect spring day, so we lathered up with sunbolck and set off at a sedate pace (my type of pace!). My horse seemed to like the lead so we were well suited. Added to which the horses knew where they were going and there was no need to try to get them to do what you wanted! We had a pleasant meander between the vineyards and leafy green forested areas inbetween. Em told me I had ‘a good seat’, I’m not too sure what that means really, but as I have lots of practice sitting at work I’m not surprised. Did one or two trots but I think my bouncing up and down was uncomfortable for the poor horse who promptly slowed down! Now that’s my kind of horse, no worry they’ll take off with you!!
No comments:
Post a Comment