




I’ve gotta get some photo’s from my brother for this (as I dropped my camera in the water on the whale trail remember!).
Had quite a chilled one in Knysna, loads of beach time, but also loads of family time, which was good for a while but often gets a bit much, but that’s what Christmas is about isn’t it?! My cousin was there with her munchkin 5 month baby girl. Bella (baby) blows fantastic raspberries and is the smiliest kid I’ve seen! Grandad was fascinated by his great granddaughter and very soon people were looking at me asking when I was going to have some as they thought it was a good idea. I had to ask whether they thought I should find a boyfriend first or just get pregnant and not worry about boyfriends!!
Went to polo in plett which was quite a lot of fun, pretty horses and drinking, that’s about it really. But its who you’re with friends make it all don’t they?
I also spent a night at Robberg Hut (the only one that hasn’t washed away) with Claire and her family. We had a great time, with me lecturing everyone on the stars (which were amazing), Claire’s dad fishing off the rocks (I can’t remember him catching anything but the beers he had with him quietly disappeared) a great sunset, and hearing the sound of the waves as you slept, glorious!!
One of the highlights of the family’s Christmas was having my cousin Col arrive at the end of our present opening session (always a long haul and even more so with presents for the baby). He had organized with my dad to quietly open the gate so he could surprise us all (he is working in Bloem so drove down for a three day surprise visit). Lots of snot and trane from his mom and dad.
But the biggest highlight was the usual Christmas tree steal. Garth and I ended up doing it on our own as it was becoming too much of a mission getting everyone else together. We headed off to the same spot as last year (which actually has VERY FEW trees!) and managed to find a fantastic tree within minutes! After much sawing (mainly boet) and dragging (I helped a bit there) and pretending that we were not stealing a tree whenever someone drove by (the ‘pointing at something interesting in the distance’ ploy) we had our tree. We actually had a consensus from the entire family that it was the best tree we every had *big smile*!!
So what are some of those other random pictures? Tammy washing the windows on New Years night at 9 pm (yes, she was drunk already).
Garth throw-netting (practicing to catch bait for his fishing expedition on the lagoon), I on the other hand practiced drinking Savannah’s for on the boat!
No comments:
Post a Comment