Clearly my year of music festivals this...
This year I decided to spend Easter in Cape Town (for the first time ever in about 7 years of living in Cape Town) so that I could go to Coke Fest- another music festival. And who else was on the line up but Snow Patrol, one of my favourite bands!
The festival was on Lourensford wine farm which meant it was in a beautiful setting, a field of grass with mountains in the background, catching the glowing pink of the setting sun. The golden circle was a bit big, but I still had a fabulous view from where I was. I arrived to Zebra and Giraffe, a really graet new South African band- keep an eye on these guys, and was a little disappointed that I’d only caught the last song. However the rest of the South African bands did a great job of getting me into party mode so I was a happy chappie.
The long awaited moment arrived as Snow Patrol took to the stage and showed our guys what working the crowd was all about. These guys know there stuff and soon had the crowd singing along and swaying back and forth. Needless to say they were the highlight of the day! Check out their new music video for some scenes from Cape Town.
I did also go watch the Coke fest finally. It was on Lourensford wine farm which meant it was in a beautiful setting, a field of grass with mountains in the background, catching the glowing pink of the setting sun. It was a great line up with the South African bands really showing that they were quality acts. Of course Snow Patrol stole the show.
Well, I’d like to end off on that happy note but I do have to say that Oasis came on next. I had quite been looking forward to them as of course they have some amazing songs, not least of all Champagne Supernova. But could they look like they were anymore bored? Or like there were a zillion other things they’d rather be doing than being here in this stunning setting, warm weather, with a by now very happy crowd (Snow patrol had after all just been on)? No, I don’t think they could. They played some of their more obscure songs and some new stuff, but as I said to my friend, it was BORING. I think they did three of their greats. The crowd went wild, jumped around, sang along, and then they went back to the boring stuff. So now you know. Don’t pay money to see Oasis!!
All in all a great event though (ok, I’m not going to mention the traffic getting out of there either, which was ever so slightly less long and boring than Oasis)
No comments:
Post a Comment