Wow, is my blog out of date. I mean, I knew it was bad, just not how bad. It’s a bit like when you’ve ‘bumped’ you car and convince yourself it’s not that bad, but every time you see it you wince.
Well, lucky for all you readers out there (mom) my flatmate (affectionately known as flattie) has taken a 3.5 month hiatus to volunteer on a cattle (and bison) ranch near Colorado. She tells me that it was all my doing , reminding her that she’s not going to get a chance to do something like this pretty much ever again if she buys a house (which she was planning to do). Not quite sure why I convinced her (probably because it is something I’d love to do but don’t have the guts to do) because now I am all alone…ok well not quite but I already miss her. It’s just not the same having a german intern replacement (who seems very nice so far) to live with. But 3.5 months will go very fast won’t it? I keep telling myself that.
So, wow, the last post was my birthday over a year ago, let’s ketchup a bit.
2nd annual Gilmour Hill Xmas party (2009)
This time we were lucky enough to have some real mistletoe- the African version so you may not recognize it as such. I had great fun demanding kisses from everyone walking by, even Stacey couldn't avoid me.
Needless to say Santa made a special early trip from the north pole to join us. We were in for a real treat as he was dressed to the nines and singing Diana Ross “Oh you’d better watch out, you’d better not cry, you’d better not pout, I’m telling you why, Santa Claus is coming to town”, and better yet a bevy of dancing girls also made an appearance to accompany Santa’s song.
No comments:
Post a Comment