Sunday, 25 March 2012

Cape Town Carnival

Yesterday a friend and I made our way to the Cape Town Carnival on Somerset Road (previously the fan walk). I thought I'd been once or twice before but I see that they only started last year. We managed to find a nice fence to sit on (for height advantage), had the "dance here"spot right in front of us (all the floats have to stop and dance at this point) and importantly, easy (very easy) access to beer behind us with no queues, what a winning spot! We weren't expecting much, having both experienced the amazingly flamboyant Nottinghill Carnival in London, but we were extremely impressed with the floats and dancers coming by, the certainly put a lot of effort in and looked amazing. Our favourite was the crocodile, which 'walked"along and had a dancer in it's mouth, with the second place going to the beautiful aloe and I think thir place would have to be awarded to the Masai Mara group, whose float was not bad, but importantly, had a trampoline with a 'masai' warrior bouncing up and down on it.  




No comments: