I got an email this morning from my colleague with an admission of guilt from a scientific doctor- it appears he faked results to support his theories. How shocking is that? These are the people who are depended on to inform us, yet the possibility always exists that they've done something like this. I'll certainly be looking at scientific info more sceptically (which I already do, but more so). Alternatively this could be a hoax descrediting the good doctor- you decide.
> ----- Original Message ----- >
From: lucamlu@tin.it
To: warren@wordlink.co.za
Sent: Sunday, June 10, 2007 4:58 AM>
Subject: From the editor of Amphibia Reptilia
Dear colleagues,
I am compelled by a vow to openly acknowledge my past wrongdoing, which also extends to my scientific activity. Often I have invented or modified findings and data to support my papers. I am ready to give details to the colleagues who have mistakenly cited my work. From now on I am going to be completely honest in my scientific writing. Friends and colleagues tell me that I can go on editing > Amphibia Reptilia. However if you have anything against it please do let me know. I would also be grateful if you forwarded this public statement to whom it may concern.
> Thank you for your understanding,
> Dr. Luca Luiselli
> Co-editor of Amphibia Reptilia
> Societas Europaea
> Herpetologica (SEH)
No comments:
Post a Comment