
Sorry, I have no pictures from this weekend. Suffice to say it was really wet and very rainy (ie didn't do to much). While Simon hit the waves at Muizies on Sunday I went to the Planetarium with Tam. It was great! I loved it! For those of you who haven't been before you get seats that are almost lying down and you sit/lie inside the dome and they project all the stars onto the dome in pretty much total darkness. The commentator was really informative (though sometimes went off on random tangents) and showed us how the plantes track across the sky, some constellations, where the sun rises in winter and summer, how to find south, what the stars look like from the south pole, how to tell time by the stars, you get the picture don't you? Really well worth going for only 20 bucks, I'd really recomend it!
For more info check out http://www.iziko.org.za/planetarium/index.html
No comments:
Post a Comment