Tuesday, 05 June 2007

Is it weekend again yet?

A beautiful weekend in Cape Town again (amazingly so, if you know Cape Town you know traditionally Mondays are sunny and the weekends suck!)
Emily keeps asking me when I'm going to show her my bulbs that I potted. A while ago I decided that I was going to collect some stones from the beach and put them in my own bowl with some bulbs and see if it works. So headed off to Blouberg where I got some rocks and pebbles (same beach as above) and far so good (currently the bowl is sitting in a cupboard and the bulbs are germinating).
This is in my vase. There's just one stubborn bulb refusing to germinate and soon the others are not going to fit on the shelf! Trying to work out how to keep the water clean and non-smelly!
Ah yes, we got home sunday night and there was a dead pigeon near our door. This is all that was left the next morning. I think the resident cat had a good meal!

No comments: