Monday, 09 July 2007














Well, once more my photo's look gibberish to me, which probably mean there are some really arb ones in there. Anyway, Sunday dawned sorta bright and cheerful and I felt that a nice stroll/walk would be in order.

me: Hey Boet, wanna go for a walk?
Boet: I'm at Llandudno and the waves are bad.
Me: Want to go for a walk instead?
Boet: I want to surf. And its cold.
Me: Want to go for a walk?
Boet: Maybe a walk would be nice instead.

You could hear him weighing up the options. So we decided to meet at his new place in Camps Bay and go find some path that led up to the pipetrack, thereby circumventing the first bit of the walk that we had done many times and found really boring. We found what could be called a 'track' at the topmost houses and headed up, straight up. My suspicions are that this was really an erosion track and not for walking, no one would walk straight up the mountain like that. After at least 30 mins of unfit puffing we hit the track, surprisingly sooner than I expected even being as unfit as I am, and meandered on til the end. Clearly we'd circumvented a WHOLE lot of the track cos we must have reached the end in just over another 30 mins. It had been raining the night before so there was a nice waterfall blocking our path at the end. After looking at it for a while and getting damped I dared Garth to o through. We could both see that it was no 'little' waterfall to jump by and there no other means around but Garth, being male, accepted the challenge and ran through. Getting drenched in the process (here was me thinking "If only I'd known what the effect of a dare on him was as a kid, I would've gotten a bit more of my own back!). The best bit was that he had to come back again! Haha, it was great taking photos of him!

On the way back we even came across a black eagle flying nearby (the photo does no justice)- really cool. What a cool little adventure up the mountain!

1 comment:

Sezza said...

That's HILARIOUS! You make me laugh little Lu! xx